The story of Gutter Mate is one that began one leafy autumn day in the garden of Haydon Robinson (founder of Gutter Mate). As a former engineer, finding solutions to problems is inherent.
There were two problems Haydon encountered in the hours he spent maintaining his home and garden. The first was he was fed up of having to make the treacherous journey up the ladder to clean his guttering and remove blockages, especially in autumn when high winds and leaves are aplenty. The second was, although he was already recycling rain water by capturing rainwater into a standard water butt, the water butt was also full of leaves and moss, which caused further aggravation as it was impossible to remove the debris without emptying the collected rainwater from the water butt.
Collectively these two problems lead Haydon to his moment of epiphany. He searched the market for a solution, but the truth was that he couldn’t find any affordable and compact products that would collect and filter rainwater before entering his water butt.
He knew from the amount of debris entering his water butt, that rainwater was flushing debris down his downpipe. With this in mind he designed a rainwater harvesting solution which would change the process of rainwater catchment for the better.
In true entrepreneurial spirit Haydon invented the Gutter Mate Rainwater Diverter & Filter which uniquely diverts and filters rainwater before it enters the water butt, tank or barrel. The patented filter diverter is a simple and incredibly effective solution which:
• Helps to keep your gutter clean of debris, moss and leaves
• Prevents blockages occurring in your soakaway
• Prevents blockages occurring in your water butt, tank or barrel
• Provides you with filtered rain water which can be recycled for use in your garden and home.
Haydon then went on to create a fine mesh filter which provides a higher degree of filtration, allowing rain water to be reused for domestic and commercial purposes, both inside and outside buildings.
An Award Winning Solution to Rainwater Catchment
The Gutter Mate Diverter & Filter has revolutionised the way that rain water can be collected, stored and recycled.
• In 2012 it was awarded the Green Apple Environment Award
• 2011 Environmental Award Winners at the Hertfordshire Green Business Awards.
The Gutter Mate Rainwater Diverter & Filter offers you a peace of mind solution to rainwater collection. This product is:
• Approved by the Water Technology List
• Recommended by Waterwise; the leading authority on water efficiency in the UK
• Recommended by WHICH?